Welcome to my website. My name is Lynn Brookes and I am a Clinical Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist. I live and work in the city of Plymouth, but my customers come from all over the South West, and beyond as I sometimes work on Skype or FaceTime.
A Bit About Me...
During my years in the world of work I have done many things, all of which informs my practice today.
I began my career as a nurse and completed my training at the Princess Elizabeth Orthopaedic Hospital in Exeter. They knocked it down some years ago no, and amalgamated it with the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
In subsequent years, I’ve worked with a wide variety of client groups…
- young people and adults with learning difficulties, in a day care setting and residential care
- youth and adult trainees, gaining practical work experience and qualifications to get into work
- prisoners in two of Devon’s jails, engaging in specific programmes to address their problems with drugs and alcohol
- various criminal justice settings, probation across Devon and Cornwall, police custody suits, again working with people experiencing difficulties with drugs and alcohol, amongst other things
- also working in residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation communities, both in and out of prison
- various women’s groups related to health and wellbeing
I do a few other things too, but this site focuses on Clinical Solution Focused Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy.